Director of Aesthetics, Michelle Wilson
Michelle Wilson, Director of Aesthetics, Talks About Microblading/Microshading at Bella Viságe
Microblading has become a very popular trend in the aesthetic industry, especially in Lakeland, which is one of the fastest growing cities in Florida. We are blessed to have Michelle Wilson, who serves as our Director of Aesthetics, Lead Aesthetician and our Microblading Expert. It is important to research not only the procedure, but also the credentials and training of the provider that will be doing your service to achieve the best results and to minimize the risk of complications. Michelle started her aesthetic career at Bella Viságe in 2017 while she completed her training as a facial specialist. She fell in love with the art of microblading in 2018 and has been our Brow Expert ever since. Her work is impeccable and customized to each client.
Microblading and microshading are semi-permanent cosmetic procedures that involve enhancing the appearance of eyebrows by using a manual handheld tool to create fine, hair-like strokes of pigment in the skin. The goal of microblading is to create natural-looking eyebrows that appear fuller and more defined.
During the procedure, Michelle uses a small blade made up of tiny needles to deposit pigment into the superficial layers of the skin. These fine strokes mimic the natural pattern of eyebrow hairs, resulting in a more realistic and three-dimensional look compared to traditional eyebrow tattooing. The pigment used in microblading is specially formulated to fade gradually over time, allowing for adjustments or touch-ups as desired.
Microblading sessions typically involve the following steps:
- Consultation: At Bella Viságe, we offer a free consultation for a discussion of your desired eyebrow shape, color, and style, taking into consideration your facial features and skin tone.
- Design: Michelle will draw an outline of the proposed eyebrow shape, making adjustments until you both agree on the desired look.
- Numbing: Before the procedure a topical numbing cream is applied to minimize any discomfort. A lot of our clients actually fall asleep!
- Pigment Application: Using the microblading tool, Michelle creates small strokes that mimic natural hair growth. The pigment is implanted into the top layer of the skin.
- Aftercare: Following the procedure, you will need to follow our specific aftercare instructions to ensure proper healing and color retention. This may include avoiding water, excessive sweating, and certain skincare products for a few days.
- Touch-ups: We will see you 30 days after your initial microblading to fine-tune the shape and color and to address any areas where the pigment may not have retained well. This is where ‘Michelle’s Brow Perfection’ takes place!
Microblading results can last anywhere from 1 to 3 years, depending on factors such as skin type, lifestyle, and exposure to sunlight. Periodic touch-ups are recommended to maintain the appearance of the eyebrows. At Bella Viságe, we will usually see you back 12-18 months after your initial session.
Michelle is also instrumental in helping clients who have had their brows microbladed by an inexperienced technician. Michelle can help to lighten and possibly remove the unwanted brows with a procedure called Saline Removal. At Bella Viságe, we can also perform laser cosmetic ink removal to lighten your brows so Michelle can replace them with more natural and symmetric brows. We have assisted many clients in fixing their botched brows.